Permaculture Sydney Institute is calling all PDC graduates to a “Celebration Party and Get Together” to celebrate 40 years of Permaculture. And what better way is there to celebrate an anniversary birthday than to have a party! The get together weekend will be held at Bandusia Country Retreat in March where graduates will be able to relax, refresh, regroup, recalibrate, refocus and revitalize all around the theme of Permaculture. We will hear Permaculture Trainers talk about the achievements of 40 years of Permaculture as well as look at your personal journeys and contributions within this time. It’s an important weekend that will help you reflect and re-energize what you’ve done and where you go from here for perhaps for the next 40 years. It will also be a huge amount of fun with a party, entertainment and friendship. The event promises to engage the heart, mind, body and soul and you won’t leave untouched or unchanged in some way.
6pm Arrival and set up
7pm onwards: Drinks and Pizzas by the pool ($12 head) booking required for caterer
- Opening talks – Housekeeping and Aims for the Event followed by
- “Something to Celebrate” – 40 years of Permaculture Achievements – Penny Pyett
- Other speaker’s tbc (keep a check of updates for this page on the website and newsletters)
8am Breakfast by the pool (self catering; large refrigerator provided for supplies)
9.30am Tour of Bandusia
11am Morning Tea (sponsored by PSI)
11.30am to 5pm PDC Graduates’ Presentations – Your stories – trials, tribulations and triumphs. What you’ve done or haven’t done since your PDC.
Please note: Presentations will be 20 minutes each. If you would like to give a presentation please book this in so a time slot can be provided to you.
1.30pm Lunch (self cater)
5pm to 7pm free time
7pm Party by the Pool
Dinner (your common contribution $20 per head booking required for caterer)
- Special guest Speakers – Other speaker’s tbc (keep a check of updates for this page on the website and newsletters)
- Movie “Celebrating Permaculture – 40 years of achievements” Penny Pyett
8am Breakfast by the pool (self cater)
Graduates Presentations continue till lunchtime
1pm lunch (sponsored by PSI)
2pm to 5pm – Future Making – Where to for the next 40 years?
Open forum discussion, planning and forethought for the next forty years.
5pm Event Closing.
Outcomes of the event
Outcomes of the weekend will be shared with all participants and the broader Permaculture community. PSI will endeavor to pursue requests and work arising from the event and provide back up and support follow up. PSI would like to document some of the outcomes to specifically share with others.
To be eligible for this event you must have completed a PDC with Penny Pyett either through the Permaculture Sydney Institute; Permaculture Sydney North; TAFE PDC Course; a private course; or through School or Community Gardens Courses. Inquiries welcome and bookings are essential. Email email@example.com and state your name and when you completed your PDC with Penny.
Penny has co-taught with several other trainers on PDC Courses including Janet Millington; Darren Doherty; Geoff Lawton; Peter Brecknock; April Sampson-Kelly and John Champagne; who are also invited to attend and talk.
Costs and inclusions
The whole event is free of charge for camping around the pool. However you are required to contribute towards the common food costs for two catered dinners Friday ($12 head) and Saturday evening ($20). You are also required to help with the work of the event and cleaning up.
Rooms: Some rooms will also be available. Should you wish to book a room please inquire about this. Bandusia is willing to provide a 20% discount on all its rooms for the event. To see the rooms and Bandusia website see: www.bandusia.com.au
What will be provided
Bandusia Country Retreat is sponsoring the event and providing the venue and camping facilities free of charge. Permaculture Sydney Institute will be providing morning teas and Sunday lunch. Friday evenings Pizzas will cost $12 head provided and Saturday evening party dinner $20 head. Karen’s Katering – a local valley caterer, will cater for these two dinners.
You are asked to bring your own breakfast for Saturday and Sunday as well as your own lunch Saturday. An all day tea/coffee station will be provided for morning & afternoon teas sponsored by PSI.
What to Bring –
- Profile of your work, designs, pictures, stories, documentations or anything you want to share of permaculture activities you have done or been involved in.It would be appreciated if you could prepare your 20 minute presentation and be prepared before hand so the event can flow smoothly for everyone and time isn’t wasted. A data projector will be provided in the conference room for you to show your presentation if required. No work is too big or small, too little or too less or more or less. The event is just as much about what’s next as much as what’s done and dusted!
- You need to bring all your own camping gear, sleeping gear and personal items (unless booking a room). Bandusia has excellent camping facilities with fully equipped kitchen, toilets and shower. The camping area is situated around Bandusia’s swimming pool. The pool is available for use along with a sauna and wood-fired spa bath. You couldn’t wish for more picturesque surroundings.
- Bring your own Breakfast for Saturday and Sunday morning and your own lunch for Saturday. The kitchen at the pool camping site is fully equipped with all cooking facilities and utensils. There is a large fridge & freezer; large stove; BBQ; pizza oven and microwave available for use. Remember this is a no-waste event so please bring things in re-usable containers. Any recyclable items such as bottles and cardboard need to be taken with you as there is no waste service collection at Bandusia. Food composting is provided and encouraged at Bandusia.
- BYO Grog and drinks for the weekend especially Friday and Saturday nights
- BYO personal drinking water
- Swimming gear, towels, insect repellent
- Medications for allergies e.g.: bee stings
- Camera and note book